The Fifth International Conference for Disability and Rehabilitation is a continuation of the previous four conferences organized by the King Salman Center for Disability Research (KSCDR). This is in line with the Center’s strategy, to encourage scientific research, in order to enrich knowledge, minimizing disability and pushing for its prevention, by developing and implementing activities and scientific programs. As well as, encouraging the exchange of ideas and expertise locally, regionally and internationally by encouraging scientific research and empowering of local abilities.
Arabic, English, Saudi Sign Language and international signs are the official languages of the conference.
King Faisal Ballroom for Conferences, Riyadh Intercontinental Hotel, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
1st and 2nd of April, 2018, between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM.
- To highlight the Kingdom’s role in the field of disability and Persons with Disabilities.
- To utilize local, regional and international expertise in the field of disability.
- To introduce scientific research in the field of disability; activities, outcomes, mechanisms of activation, challenges, implementation.
- To highlight the role of the private sector in providing rehabilitation and treatment services for Persons with Disabilities.
- To deepen the concept of cooperation and partnership between local, regional and international research centers.
- To promote wellbeing and ensure full equality for all fundamental rights and freedoms of all persons with disabilities and respect for their dignity.
The present reality of disability, drives the conference to focus on various domains and challenges, which directly contribute to the services for Persons with Disabilities and elevating the scientific and practical levels of those who are and work in this domain. These are in alignment with the vision of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 2030.
Main focus areas:
- Sensory Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Cognitive Disabilities
- Behavioral Disabilities
Scientific research participation will include the following aspects:
- Training and vocation
- Laws and rights
- Assistive Technology
- Private Sector Services
- Nonprofit sector partnership
- Real-life challenges
The conference focuses primarily on research methodology within the framework of the main disability domains utilizing cutting edge research in each field.
- Scientific presentations
- Specialized book exhibition
- Assistive technology exhibition
The conference is aimed at:
- Scientists, academicians, researchers in the disability domain
- Teaching staff, students in medical and special education colleges, physical rehabilitation colleges, psychology, speech and language colleges and universities.
- Those who work in rehabilitation and medical services of Persons with Disabilities.
- Those who work in special education
- Engineers, architects, project managers in the relevant ministries and government entities.
- Persons with disabilities and their families.
- Those who are in interested in the disability domain.