Individuals who wish to participate in the 5th International Conference on Disability and Rehabilitation are invited to submit abstract(s) to the Conference Scientific Committee. The abstract(s) must be received by the 31st of December, 2017. Although all papers will be considered, priority will be given to abstracts which address the conference theme. This specifically centers on the following:
- IMPORTANCE OF RESEARCH: Local, regional, and international perspectives on the importance of scientific research as a foundation for development in the area of disability and rehabilitation.
- A RESEARCH CULTURE: cultivating and promoting a research culture in the areas of disability prevention, habilitation, and rehabilitation.
- ALLIANCES: Promoting a deeper understanding of the importance of local, regional, and international collaborations and partnerships in the area of disability research.
Modes of Presentation
Delegates can present their research in several different formats. These include:
Individual Papers (20 minute presentation, plus 5 minutes discussion)
A paper presenting the results of a program/study/experience on a particular topic. Papers will be grouped into symposia according to an identified theme. Individuals should submit title and abstract details for each paper offered following the instructions below.
Workshop (2 Hours – ½ day)
Workshops are intended to provide an in-depth review of a topic of interest, designed to be immediately useful to attendees. To this end, workshop presenters should plan to provide participants with a set of handouts outlining the material covered in the workshop.
Abstracts must be in English or Arabic.
The conference is to be organized into topics in accordance with the main themes of the conference. The topics are as follows:
- Sensory disabilities
- Physical disabilities
- Cognitive disabilities
- Behavioral disabilities
Scientific research participation will include the following aspects:
- Training and vocation
- Laws and rights
- Assistive technology
- Private sector services
- Non-Profit sector partnership
- Real-life challenges
Submission Deadline is the 31st of December, 2017.
Abstracts will be judged on the following criteria:
- The proposed presentation addresses the conference theme
- The proposed presentation is innovative and/or original
- The abstract has sufficient detail explaining what will be addressed and presented
- The abstract is well organized
- The proposed presentation will add new insights and/or knowledge
- The proposed presentation will be of interest to a broad audience
For help and assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
Submissions are closed
We are no longer accepting any new submission as of Decebmer 31st, 2017.